Thursday 18 January 2018

Embellishments

Inspired by this charity shop find (see below) I thought I would try my hand at making my own embellishments. I have a small stash of beads etc so wil be good to use some of them up.


I first stuck some plastic gems onto felt with my glue gun, this created a problem as it was hard to sew close up where the glue had oozed out. 


This picture shows how messy the glue gets!!! I tried to trim off as much as I could without cutting the felt and sewed beads around the central gem going around twice with the thread to secure. I didn't take photos as I went so this is the final result.




Coin for sizing purposes. Now to decide how I will attach the decoration to the shrine? Glue (messy!) or cut out a neat circle and blanket stitch around. It may be too big for my purple shrine that I am making (?)


Also busy cutting out lots of circles in different colours to make roses.







No comments:

Post a Comment