Thursday 13 March 2014

Chocolate for breakfast


This is the result of my latest play with my slow cooker.....vegan chocolate rice. I fancied something hearty and chocolatey but didn't have time to make a cheesecake or something similar so put all my ingredients in went off to do my shopping and because I used flaked rice it was done in just over an hour!!! There was some left so in the morning I had a very decadent breakfast,what a nice way to start the day.I will try and put it down as a recipe but in reality I just wing it and tweak as I go (the trip to the shops was because I decided it needed some real chocolate in it as the chocolate oat milk was quite a subtle taste and as the chocolate was orange I decided to put orange peel in too)

Vegan chocolate rice

50g flaked rice (this is approximate I used what was left in the packet)
I tin coconut milk( I use Pride rich and creamy coconut milk,it's really creamy!)
Half pint chocolate oat milk
Nutmeg to taste
Cinnamon to taste 
Few drops vanilla
Tablespoon dark agave nectar( you can use any sweetener)
Sainsburys free from choc n orange bar (35g I think)
Orange peel finely grated

 Add all ingredients to the slow cooker except the chocolate,cook on high about 1 to 2 hours,add more milk if necessary,melt the chocolate bar into the cooked rice at the end,when it's all melted stir thoroughly to incorporate it. Eat for pudding

Eat leftovers for breakfast,blast in microwave and start your day with chocolate...you know you want to!!!

Vegan seed and nut pate


Ingredients
 
1 cup mixed seeds and nuts,I used cashew nuts,hemp seeds and walnuts 
6 large sundried tomatoes finely chopped
1/3 onion finely chopped(chop and freeze remaining for soup)
1/2 tsp lime juice
Fresh sage finely chopped
1/2 tsp miso paste
3 tblpn nutritional yeast
Nigella seeds for more oniony flavour
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
 
Method

Grind seeds and nuts until fine
Soak sundried tomatoes in hot water(I soaked my sage too to infuse it into the tomatoes)
Add everything to food processor including the soaking water and blend until fairly smooth,don't over process you want a bit of texture.
This is lovely on toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment